Cultural Heritage Series
For nearly 50 years, the World Touch Cultural Heritage Week (WTCHW), established in 1973, has hosted a series of events created to celebrate human diversity. Past World Touch Cultural Heritage Week speakers have included:
- Educator and activist Todd Yeary
- Author Sherman Alexie
- Diversity consultant, Hmong storyteller, comedian, and rap artist Tou Ger Xiong
- American Indian activist John Trudell
- Award winning author and poet Chitra Divakaruni
- Author Christina Garcia
- Social critic and political speaker Timothy Wise
- Comedian Elliot Chang
- Olympic gold medalist Billy Mills
- Richard Montañez, inventor of the Flamin’ Hot Cheeto.
In 2018-19 the World Touch week of events became a series held throughout the year. The World Touch Series sponsors dance and theatre performances, the annual EDI Seniors Recognition Banquet, Circle of Nations Indian Association Powwow (established in 1984), and 5K Peace Run.