What Is STELLAR?
Summer Transition for English Language and Liberal Arts Readiness (STELLAR-Online) is designed to provide incoming University of Minnesota Morris international students earn credits before the fall semester, help improve their English skills, prepare them for the liberal arts curriculum, and connect students to resources on campus.
Benefits of the STELLAR Online program:
- Earn college credits
- Improve your English skills
- Learn about American campus life and academic culture
- Gain a better understanding of a liberal arts education
- Get to know faculty, staff, students and all your resources a full month before classes start, so you can be more confident going into the fall semester
- Enjoy fun virtual team building activities with new American students you will meet during the program
Through STELLAR, you will be enrolled in a credit-bearing, intensive English curriculum that not only counts toward your University of Minnesota Morris degree, but also provides you with the tools for a successful academic experience.
UMN Morris classes are taught by dedicated instructors who use their creativity, knowledge, and experience to maximize each student’s learning potential.
You will be exposed to a variety of academic disciplines so that you get a taste of the liberal arts, and you will start fall semester confidently and successfully.
2020 STELLAR Program Dates
|Application and deposit deadline||June 26|
|Pre-STELLAR Orientation||July 17-18|
|STELLAR begins||July 20|
|STELLAR ends||August 14|
|New Student Orientation||August 15-18|
|First day of classes||August 19|
Program fee: $1,700.
- Cost of instruction (tuition)
- Online Learning Fee ($90)
- Virtual academic tutors, from our STELLAR Mentors
- Virtual orientation sessions that will introduce you to services on campus
- Team building virtual programming along with new American students enrolled in a similar online summer program
Interested in signing up for STELLAR Online? Click here
You will receive 2 undergraduate credits for participating in STELLAR. These credits will apply toward your University of Minnesota Morris degree.
Quotes from Former STELLAR Participants
“The most important thing is that it is a great opportunity to adapt to UMM before you begin classes in the Fall semester.”—Cong Cai
“STELLAR helped me learn a lot of good English skills and many things about American lifestyle. You should not miss it. We had the opportunity to learn about environmental studies, history, arts and communication during the 4-week program. Now that school has begun we feel we are a part of the campus community. I have had an easier time engaging in the academic and social life here at UMM. You will not feel like an outsider here, because you will quickly find how friendly people are.”—Kaixin Chen
”My English classes during STELLAR prepared me to write papers for American universities in English. I feel that I was much more prepared for my classes at UMM. This helped us understand what a liberal art school really is.”—Yanjie Yang