A TRIO Student Support Services Program
The University of Minnesota, Morris Summit Scholars began in 2015 and is a TRIO Student Support Services program funded by the U.S. department of Education. Our program provides individual support as well as impactful opportunities and experiences for 140 high-ability students at Morris. Our shared mission includes helping students become their most academically competitive self while creating a rich, connected college experience towards a timely graduation.
The Summit Scholars program delivers on the 50 year tradition of TRIO Student Support Services which not only facilitates the growth and development of participants to form a strong sense of identity about where they’ve come from, but also helps provide clarity and confidence about who they are, a broad vision about where they are going, what they’ve become, and the positive impact they can have on the world.
Students involved in Summit Scholars benefit from a wide range of services, including connections to campus resources, academic assistance, tutoring, cultural support and so much more!
- Clarify your academic and career goals and develop a personal plan to achieve them
- Develop relationships with peers, faculty, and staff
- Learn about available resources to support your success
- Engage in community-building activities and build positive support networks
- Enhance academic and personal skills to excel in college
- Gain vital college/career planning information like introduction to study abroad, undergraduate research, and other enrichment experiences
- Financial aid advising, FAFSA assistance, and college-budgeting skills