Community Food Assessment
The Morris Healthy Eating Community Food Assessment documents an engaged and enthusiastic community ready for greater access to affordable fresh fruits, vegetables and other healthy foods. The report was published in 2010.
A yearlong comprehensive community food assessment shows:
- college students and community members with an interest in better health and in eating healthy foods;
- abundant community food and health resources;
- some barriers to healthy eating;
- a host of opportunities to provide greater access to affordable healthy foods.
The report summarizes the work of the Morris Healthy Eating team since its founding in 2009. Its recommendations offer a map to a healthier future for the University of Minnesota, Morris, the city of Morris, and Stevens County.
The Community Food Assessment is available in the following formats:
- ISSUU Online Document
- Community Food Assessment PDF
- Community Food Assessment - Executive Summary PDF
A print edition of the full report, produced with soy ink and 100 percent post consumer paper is also available upon request.