Skip navigation

You are here

Executive Officer Biographies

Samuel Rosemark, Student Body President

Major: Political Science and Economics, Environmental Leadership and Stewardship Minor 

About: Hello, I am currently a fourth year at UMN Morris and am from Oakdale, MN! This is my fourth year in MCSA and I am very excited to serve Morris students this year again as President. I chair MCSA’s Executive Committee where I set MCSA’s agenda for the year. Last year, I served as MCSA President where I focussed on a wide range of issues including sustainable and affordable electronic textbooks, campus inclusivity, and student representation campus and system-wide. Outside of MCSA, I work in UMN Morris’s Office of Sustainability as the Morris Model intern and enjoy spending time with new and old friends. After graduating from UMN Morris this year I plan to pursue a career in U.S. politics and public policy. Please don’t be a stranger and feel free to say hi whenever! I am eager to address your concerns or to help in any way I can!

Jasmine Pryor, Student Body Vice President

Major: Environmental Studies, Minor in Sustainability Leadership

About: Hey! My name is Jasmine Pryor. I am a fourth year student at UMN Morris and I am originally from Williamsburg, Virginia. This will be my second year with MCSA, previously serving as Student Body Senator and Sustainability Officer. I am excited to work on this year’s initiatives and get students involved in MCSA, especially those who haven't been able to picture themselves in a student government role before! Outside of MCSA, I am a Community Advisor in Green Prairie and I also work in the Office of Sustainability. After graduation, I hope to work in communities around Minnesota with energy literacy and energy savings!

Lindsey Roemeling, Secretary of Campus Relations

Major: Financial Management and Organization Major, Economics Minor

About: Hello! My name is Lindsey Roemeling and I am a sophomore here at Morris. This is my second year being involved with MCSA. Last year I was on the first-year council, steering committee, and executive committee. I am looking forward to representing the student body and making our voices heard! Outside of MCSA I work for Center for Small Towns as a data entry specialist. After graduating, I plan on working for a non-profit organization that focuses on student leadership and growth. Feel free to contact me or come to my office hours to chat!

Cole Maxwell, Secretary of Resources and Operations

Major: Computer Science, Data Science Minor

About: Howdy folks! My name is Cole Maxwell and I am a Sophomore at the University of Minnesota Morris. This is my second year with MCSA and this academic year I am serving as the Secretary of Resources and Operations. Previously, I served as a First-Year representative. Outside of MCSA I work as a Computer Science Lab Administration Fellow, and as a Community Advisor with The Office of Residential Life. When I graduate, I hope to work as a Network Engineer and eventually start my own company. I am looking forward to keeping the student voice loud and proud this year around campus! Stop by my office hour if you have any concerns or just want to chat!

John Barber, University of Minnesota Senator, MCSA Parliamentarian

Major: Economics, Pre-Law with a Data Science minor

About: Hey Everyone, my name is John Barber and I am a Sophomore at Morris. I am an Economics and Pre-Law Major with a minor in Data Science. I serve as the All University Senator for Morris and am the executive Parliamentarian. This is my second year in MCSA and first year as an Executive member, previously I served on the Freshman Council. My goals after Morris are to either pursue my Master's in Economics or begin Law School and pursue my dream career in Legal Analytics. I am excited to represent the Morris student body and help us achieve our highest potential. If you see me around campus feel free to say hi, otherwise I am available by appointment. 

Shelby Maloney, Budget Manager

Majors: Political Science and Economics 

About: Hi peeps! My name is Shelby Maloney and I am a sophomore this year at UMM. This is my second year being MCSA’s budget manager. Some other things I am involved in on campus are that I am an Orientation Group Leader, I play for the UMM Women’s golf team, and I have been known to attend quite a few Laser Tag Club events. I am really excited about the research I am doing this fall on cooperatives, which is an opportunity that I’m not sure I would have anywhere other than Morris. When I graduate, I am hoping to move onto law school, but I am also still very willing to be swayed in any direction. I am SO excited to continue to represent my fellow students this year and feel free to say hi if you see me around!