Skip navigation

You are here

Executive Officer Biographies

Samuel Rosemark, Student Body President

Major: Political Science and Economics, with a minor in Environmental Leadership and Stewardship

Office Hours: Wednesdays, 9:30-10:30 a.m. and 12:00-1:00 p.m.

About: Hello, I am currently a third-year at UMN Morris and am from Oakdale, MN! This is my third year in MCSA and I am very excited to serve Morris students this year as President. I chair MCSA’s Executive Committee, where I set MCSA’s agenda for the year. Last year, I served MCSA as the Secretary of Student Services where I focused on a wide range of issues from getting out the student vote in the 2018 Election to advocating for mental health services on the Morris campus. I have also served as a UMN Senator where I represented Morris students at the system level in the University of Minnesota Senate. Outside of MCSA, I work in UMN Morris’s Office of Sustainability and enjoy spending time with new and old friends. After graduating from UMN Morris I plan to pursue a career in U.S. politics and public policy. Please don’t be a stranger and feel free to say hi whenever! I am eager to address your concerns or to help in any way I can!

Josh Westfield, Student Body Vice President, SCCC Representative

Major: Mathematics and Statistics

Office Hours: Tuesdays 2:00-3:00 p.m. and Thursdays 3:00-4:00 p.m.

About: Hey, everybody! My name is Josh Westfield, and I’m from Farmington, MN. I am a mathematics and statistics double major. I’m also your Student Body Vice President and Student Senate Consultative Committee (SCCC) Representative. I hope to represent the Morris student voice both on campus and system-wide. In what little free time I have, I enjoy spending time with my friends and getting involved in the various organizations around campus.

Sydney Loechler, Secretary of Campus Relations

Major: Biology and Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies, with a pre-med emphasis

Office Hours: Monday and Wednesday 3:30-4:30 p.m.

About: Hey, everyone! My name is Sydney Loechler and I am a senior pursuing majors in Biology and Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies with an area of emphasis in pre-medical. This is my first year in MCSA holding an executive position and my second year as an active member. Aside from MCSA, I am the Station Manager at our campus radio station, KUMM; a member of CNIA; Orientation Task Force; and Intervarsity. I love working with people and being involved. I hope to help be a catalyst for change on campus with the help of our amazing staff and students. My goals after Morris are to go to grad school for my Masters in Nursing to become a Nurse Practitioner. I love meeting new people and talking so if you see me around campus please stop me to say hello!

Julia Scovil, Secretary of Academic Affairs

Major: Political Science and Native American and Indigenous Studies

Office Hours: Wednesdays, 3:30-5:30 p.m.

About: Hi everyone! I’m Julia, a sophomore at UMM. Last year I was involved with First Year Council and was on both Curriculum and Consultative Committees. I’m excited to continue my work on Curriculum and Consultative this year on top of serving as Secretary of Academic Affairs for the first time! Outside of MCSA, I love camping, listening to music, hanging out with friends, and watching Netflix.

Maddie Happ, Secretary of Resources and Operations

Major: Political Science

Office Hours: Monday 2:00-4:00 p.m.

About: Hello! My name is Maddie Happ and I am from Brighton, Colorado! I am a third-year Political Science major on the pre-law track. This is my first year with MCSA and I am serving as your Secretary of Resources and Operations. Outside of MCSA, this is also my third year as the Community Resilience Intern with our Office of Sustainability and I work with the Office of Residential Life as a Community Advisor in David C. Johnson Independence Hall. When I’m not in classes or working, I love to travel, read, and spend time outdoors! If you ever see me around campus feel free to say hi!

Maddie Kornely, Secretary of Student Services

Major: Political Science, with an emphasis in pre-law

Office Hours: Tuesday and Thursday 10:00-11:00 a.m.

About: Hello, everyone! My name is Maddie Kornely and I am from the Rosebud Indian Reservation in South Dakota. This is my third year at UMN Morris pursuing a Political Science degree and my first year serving MSCA as Secretary of Student Services. Outside of MCSA, I will also return to being a teaching assistant in Political Science; and in the past, I have participated in Symphonic Winds. Other than classes and studying, I enjoy music and musical theater, hanging out with friends, playing board games, watching football, and consuming as much Netflix/YouTube content as physically possible.

Marley Lund, Executive Assistant

Major: Statistics and Mathematics

About: Hey, everyone!  I’m Marley and I am from Bloomington, MN. I’m a third-year statistics and mathematics double major and this is my first year in MCSA.  I am super excited to be a part of MCSA as the executive assistant.  Outside of MCSA, I work at the Office of Student Activities as the office assistant coordinator, am a part of the UMM Concert Choir, and am also involved in the McNair program here on campus. Additionally, I am a huge fan of the Jonas Brothers and I love mac n cheese and board games!  I’m always down to chat so if you see me around campus please don’t hesitate to say hi!

John Barber, University of Minnesota Senator, MCSA Parliamentarian

Major: Economics, pre-law, with a minor in Data Science

About: Hey, everyone, my name is John Barber and I am a sophomore at Morris. I am an Economics and pre-law major with a minor in Data Science. I serve as the All University Senator for Morris and am the executive Parliamentarian. This is my second year in MCSA and first year as an Executive member, previously I served on the Freshman Council. My goals after Morris are to either pursue my Master's in Economics or begin Law School and pursue my dream career in legal analytics. I am excited to represent the Morris student body and help us achieve our highest potential. If you see me around campus feel free to say hi, otherwise I am available by appointment.