Skip navigation

You are here

Executive Officer Biographies

Samuel Rosemark, Student Body President

Major: Political Science and Economics, Environmental Leadership and Stewardship Minor 

About: Hello, I am currently a fourth year at UMN Morris and am from Oakdale, MN! This is my fourth year in MCSA and I am very excited to serve Morris students this year again as President. I chair MCSA’s Executive Committee where I set MCSA’s agenda for the year. Last year, I served as MCSA President where I focussed on a wide range of issues including sustainable and affordable electronic textbooks, campus inclusivity, and student representation campus and system-wide. Outside of MCSA, I work in UMN Morris’s Office of Sustainability as the Morris Model intern and enjoy spending time with new and old friends. After graduating from UMN Morris this year I plan to pursue a career in U.S. politics and public policy. Please don’t be a stranger and feel free to say hi whenever! I am eager to address your concerns or to help in any way I can!

Dylan Young, Secretary of Student Services

Major: Political Science, English Minor

About: Hello! My name is Dylan Young, I am a second year student from Parmelee, South Dakota, and an enrolled member of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe. This is my first year as a member of MCSA, and I am deeply committed to addressing topics and issues that are important to the student body. I am also a NASS peer mentor, a Circle of Nations co-chair, and a staff writer for the University Register. After graduation, I intend on either pursuing law school or a Master’s in Higher Education. Never hesitate to reach out to me during my o ffice hours if you have any questions, concerns, or if you just want to chat!

Shanda Pittman, Secretary of Academic Affairs

Major: Human Services w/ an emphasis in Human Development

About: My name is Shanda Pittman and I am a sophomore here at Morris. This is my second year being involved with MCSA. Last year I served as a First-Year Representative and as a member of the Planning committee. Outside of MCSA I am one of the Co-Presidents of Laser Club and work in the ACE Office as an assistant. I am also the Pine top Community advisor. After graduating, I plan on pursuing a Masters' degree in Social Work while simultaneously getting my Juris Doctorate with the hopes of later working in nonprofit administrati on and management.

Lindsey Roemeling, Secretary of Campus Relations

Major: Financial Management and Organization Major, Economics Minor

About: Hello! My name is Lindsey Roemeling and I am a sophomore here at Morris. This is my second year being involved with MCSA. Last year I was on the first-year council, steering committee, and executive committee. I am looking forward to representing the student body and making our voices heard! Outside of MCSA I work for Center for Small Towns as a data entry specialist. After graduating, I plan on working for a non-profit organization that focuses on student leadership and growth. Feel free to contact me or come to my office hours to chat!

Cole Maxwell, Secretary of Resources and Operations

Major: Computer Science, Data Science Minor

About: Howdy folks! My name is Cole Maxwell and I am a Sophomore at the University of Minnesota Morris. This is my second year with MCSA and this academic year I am serving as the Secretary of Resources and Operations. Previously, I served as a First-Year representative. Outside of MCSA I work as a Computer Science Lab Administration Fellow, and as a Community Advisor with The Office of Residential Life. When I graduate, I hope to work as a Network Engineer and eventually start my own company. I am looking forward to keeping the student voice loud and proud this year around campus! Stop by my office hour if you have any concerns or just want to chat!

Joey Daniewicz, Parliamentarian

Major: Mathematics

About: I’m Joey Daniewicz, and I attended UMM from 2009-2014. During my tenure there, I gained a love for student involvement, serving as a state board member of MPIRG, the Editor-in-Chief of The University Register, Co-chair of our Campus Assembly’s Consultative Committee, an MCSA Executive Committee member, and the Student Representative to the Board of Regents. Back then I discovered a deep appreciation for student government, governing documents, and procedure. Since my original tenure here, I’ve dabbled in political organizing in the Twin Cities. Now I’m back for one last year to finish up my degree in mathematics, and I’m humbled to serve the MCSA in this advisory role. My pet issues are campus governing structures and procedures (obviously) and building student power at all costs. 

Shelby Maloney, Budget Manager 

Majors: Political Science and Economics 

About: Hi peeps! My name is Shelby Maloney and I am a sophomore this year at UMM. This is my second year being MCSA’s budget manager. Some other things I am involved in on campus are that I am an Orientation Group Leader, I play for the UMM Women’s golf team, and I have been known to attend quite a few Laser Tag Club events. I am really excited about the research I am doing this fall on cooperatives, which is an opportunity that I’m not sure I would have anywhere other than Morris. When I graduate, I am hoping to move onto law school, but I am also still very willing to be swayed in any direction. I am SO excited to continue to represent my fellow students this year and feel free to say hi if you see me around!

Gabby Holboy, Executive Assistant 

Majors: Political Science and Economics 

About: Hello! I’m Gabby Holboy and I’m a freshman this year at Morris. I’m a Political Science and Economics major with a GWSS minor. I’m the Executive Assistant and I’m a member of campus assembly. I'm on the Improv troupe Breakfast for Dinner and I’ve gotten involved with the theatre department. I love movies and consider myself kinda a movie buff. My favorite movie is Twilight New Moon. After Morris I plan on moving on to Law School. I’m really excited to learn more about MCSA.

John Barber, Executive At-Large Representative & University of Minnesota Senator

Major: Economics, Pre-Law with a Data Science minor

About: Hey Everyone, my name is John Barber and I am a Junior at Morris. I am an Economics and Pre-Law Major with a minor in Data Science. I serve as the All University Senator for Morris and am the At-Large Representative. This is my third year in MCSA, second year as an Executive member, and my second term as All-University Senator, previously I served on the Freshman Council. My goals after Morris are to either pursue my Master's in Economics or begin Law School and pursue my dream career in Legal Analytics. I am excited to represent the Morris student body and help us achieve our highest potential. If you see me around campus feel free to say hello, otherwise I am available by appointment.