Skip navigation

Executive Officer Biographies

Dylan Young, President

Hello everyone! My name is Dylan Young and I am the President of MCSA. I’m a fourth year political science and English major with a minor in Native American studies. I am a member of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe and I am from Parmelee, South Dakota. I intend to use my presidency to address issues that affect all students, especially first-generation and BIPOC students who face severe inequities within higher education. After graduating in Spring 2023, I plan on pursuing a master's degree in public policy to prepare for work in nonprofit and tribal administration. I am also a member of Circle of Nations Indigenous Association. When I'm not studying or working on MCSA stuff, I am likely attending clubs and events around campus, reading comic books, or taking a walk. If you have an idea for MCSA or are in need of an advocate for students, I will always respond to emails and you are free to schedule a meeting with me on Google Calendar. Pilamayayelo!

Noelle Muzzy, Vice President

My name is Noelle Muzzy and I’m the student body Vice-President. I’m a fourth year Environmental Science and Spanish major with a minor in biology. I have filled a lot of different roles on campus, such as President of the Ruby team, as well as intern for the Center for Small Towns and Office of Sustainability. My area of expertise has been campus sustainability and environmental impacts. I honestly have no idea how I got so deeply involved in student government; I still feel like there is so much to learn about student politics, but I love being able to speak out on issues that matter to us and I care deeply about ensuring that everyone has what they need to succeed at Morris and that our institution is making a positive impact on the rest of the world. I look forward to doing anything I can to help you all, please feel free to reach out to me by email: muzzy017@morris.umn.edu with any questions about anything related to campus and I will reach out to the people I know to get your problem addressed.

Denisse Carreon, Secretary of Academic Affairs

Hey guys, my name is Denisse Carreon, I’m a first gen Chicana attempting to major in political science and human services (still deciding on my subplan) and I’ll be a second year here at Morris. I’m part of the first-year council and I’m the treasurer for La Union LatinX here on campus. Next year I’ll be part of campus assembly and I’ll be serving as the secretary of academic affairs. I’m excited to see what next year has for me and I’m looking forward to working with many more people next year! My plan after Morris is to get into Harvard Law school, become an immigration attorney for a bit, then become a judge. My overall goal is to become the first Chicana in the supreme court, but we’ll see where I end up. I’m excited to continue learning and growing in MCSA!

Gabby Holboy, Secretary of Campus Relations

Hello! I'm Gabby Holboy and I'm a second year right now. I'm a political science major with a minor in history and medieval studies. I'm on the improv troupe Breakfast for Dinner and I've gotten involved with the theater department. I work in admissions and as a TRIO mentor. I love movies and consider myself kind of a movie buff. My new favorite movie is Twilight New Moon. After Morris I plan on moving on to law school and pursing civil rights law. I'm excited to plan Prairie Gala this year!

Daleney Teske, Secretary of Resources and Operations

Hi! My name is Daleney Teske. I use she/her pronouns. I am from Buffalo Minnesota. I am a fourth year English Major with a Creative Writing Subplan and a History minor. I have been serving in MCSA for two years now, first as Campus Assembly Representative then as a member of Student Services and Student Affairs committee. Outside of my involvement in MCSA, I also serve as a copy editor for the University Register, a writing tutor for the Writing Center and I am English Club Vice President. Now I am excited to transition to a new position as Secretary of Resources and Operations and help in any way I can in making our student government a more open place. I look forward to meeting the new MCSA forum and finding opportunities to grow together.

Vanessa Mora, Secretary of Student Services

Hello! My name is Vanessa Mora and I am a senior at Morris and currently majoring in Biology. I will be serving as the Secretary of Student Services along with the campus assembly. I am the Vice President of La Union Latinx, an ISP student driver, the treasurer of Big Friend Little Friend, and am a TRIO SSS peer mentor. After Morris, I will be continuing my education in graduate school, since there are so many options available, I have “narrowed” my options to the following topics: working with people, teaching (either academically or in life skills), and being in a leadership position. I am super excited to continue another year in MCSA.