Skip navigation

You are here

Executive Officer Biographies

Andrew Brichacek, MCSA President

Major: Financial and Organizational Management, Economics

About: Hello, my name is Andrew Brichacek and I’m a senior here at UMM double majoring in Management and Economics. This year, I am serving as your Student Body President. I began my involvement with MCSA just last year in the Fall of 2017 as an MSLC (Minnesota Student Legislative Coalition) Representative for the Morris Campus. Since then, I’ve really worked hard to become more involved in campus governance and using my connections with administration to act as a voice for students. While MCSA does take a lot of my time, I also help out with New Student Orientation and I’m a bartender at the Old #1. If you ever want to know more about MCSA, or about campus in general, don’t be afraid to ask me questions or say hi!

Sierra Brown, MCSA Vice President

Major: Economics, Sociology, and Political Science

About: Hey, Morris Campus! My name is Sierra Brown and this year I am serving as your Student Body Vice President. I transferred to UMM in 2016 from the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles where I majored in Business Management and Merchandise Marketing. Here in Morris, I am triple majoring in Economics, Sociology, and Political Science, my focus being Foreign Affairs and Relations. I joined MCSA my first semester in Morris as the Organization Representative for the German Club, and have held various positions within campus governance since. On campus, I work in the Wellness Center and off campus I waitress at Don’s Cafe and bartend at the Eagles Club, so stop by and say hey! When I’m not studying, working, serving on the University Senate, or serving the campus community, you can catch me cuddling with my cat Bug, baking, or singing at the top of my lungs in the car on day road trips.

Sam Rosemark, Secretary of Student Services, University of Minnesota Senator

Major: Political Science and Economics, with a minor in Spanish

About: Hello, I am currently a sophomore at UMM and am from Oakdale, MN! This is my second year in MCSA and I am very excited to serve UMM students for another year. I chair MCSA’s Student Services committee where I lead MCSA’s effort on ensuring that UMM serves its students well. This year the committee focused on a wide range of issues from getting out the student vote in the 2018 Election to increasing the mental health services of the Morris campus. I am also a U of M Senator and represent UMM students at the system level in the University of Minnesota Student Senate. In this role, I will focus on making sure that UMM students are well represented at the system-wide level of the University’s governance body. Outside of MCSA, I work in the Office of Student Activities as a Building Event Manager, am a tour guide, and enjoy spending time with new and old friends. After graduating from UMM I plan to pursue a career in U.S. politics and public policy. Thank you, and don’t be a stranger!

Kari Gillette, Secretary of Campus Relations

Major: Human Services and Sociology

About: Hiya, folks!  My name is Kari Gillette.  I am a senior studying Human Services and Sociology.  I hope to go into Nonprofit Management someday, but for the time being my next career goal is to work in Community Outreach and Volunteer Management at a Non-Profit.  I’m a Community Advisor on Indy 4A (represent!)  I also work at Someplace Safe Thrift Store, work closely with the Office of Community Engagement, and serve as the Student Liason on the Stevens Community Humane Society Board. When I’m not working, studying, or volunteering I like to cuddle with my kitty Rocket, watch vine compilations, and catch me strolling on the bike paths!

Josh Westfield, Secretary of Resources and Operations

Major: Mathematics and Statistics

About: I’m Josh Westfield and this is my third year at UMM and my second year on MCSA. I serve on the Curriculum Committee and chair Resources and Operations. This year I worked hard to host the Sustainability Forum along with making sure that the annual Technology Fee runs smoothly. I’ll most often be found somewhere in the student center studying or socializing, so if you ever see me, say hello!

Annika Nelson, Secretary of Academic Affairs

Major: Political Science

About: My name is Annika and I am from Moorhead, Minnesota. I serve on the Steering committee and the Curriculum committee as part of my work as Secretary. I am a third year, but I will be graduating this spring. I am a captain of the Mock Trial team and I co-lead Morris Mindfulness and Meditation. This year I am working on finishing my graduating credits and preparing for my service as Peace Corps Volunteer in China teaching English. I leave in June!

Adam Schneider, First Year Council and Parliamentarian

Major: Political Science and Environmental Studies, with a minor in Sociology and Statistics

About: Hey, everybody! My name’s Adam and I’m a member of the First Year Council. Back in my hometown of Shakopee I was a community organizer and activist, as I hope to be here in Morris. I served as vice-president of Shakopee’s chapter of Amnesty International, president of Shakopee High School’s Deutsch Klub, steering committee member of Youth in Government, community co-chair of Shakopee FIRST Robotics 5541, and as a volunteer with iMatter when I was pushing my city council to adopt a Climate Action Plan. I hope to become just as active here in Morris (if not more) and help people make this wonderful community their home.

David Ayers-Moran, Elections Commissioner

Major: Political Science and Undecided

About: Hello all! My name is David Ayers-Moran! I am a freshman who loves political science! I am also considering majoring in CMR. I have no idea what I would like to do, but my dream is journalism! I currently work at the on-campus coffee shop, Higbies! When I’m not at work, at MCSA, or doing countless amounts of homework, I am usually reading the news, gaming, or playing board or card games!

Ramona Bias, Executive Assistant, MSLC Representative

Major: Political Science

About: My name is Ramona and I will be serving as this year’s Executive Assistant which means I am responsible for taking minutes at both Forum and Exec meetings. This is my first year on MCSA though I am currently a fourth year. This spring I will also be working to plan the annual Support the U Day. Outside of MCSA, I can be found working as an Office Assistant at the Office of Student Activities, planning the annual F-Word Conference, hanging out with my little friend, and sometimes studying.

Justin Terhaar, Budget Manager

Major: Environmental Science

About: Hi! This is my first year on MCSA and my third year at Morris. I’m glad to fill the role of budget manager for MCSA because it means overseeing all projects and actions that are going on. MCSA plays an important part in connecting student here to the decision process which shapes the campus community as a whole. This year it is my hope that UMM will be able to determine the path forward both for academics and creating a welcoming and vibrant environment for everyone who is here at Morris.

Autumn Johnson, Sustainability Officer and Executive At-Large Representative

Major: Political Science, with a minor in Sociology

About: Hi, my name is Autumn and I am a third year Political Science major and Sociology minor. I come from East Bethel and have lived in MN my whole life. I have been a part of MCSA for three years here. I’ve held the position of MSLC and helped organize Support the U Day for two years. This will be my second year as an At- Large Representative and my first year as Sustainability Officer. I hope to bring my life experience and perspectives to Morris but I also hope to gain many more experiences and knowledge from Morris. Outside of MCSA, I am the Furies Women’s Rugby president and the Political Science Discipline representative. Besides classes and extracurriculars, I also work at Higbies and The Met but I am always down for going on an adventure on the weekends.  

Sydney Bauer, Sustainability Officer and Executive At-Large Representative

Major: Biology

About: Sydney is a senior majoring in Biology with an emphasis in Environmental Leadership and Stewardship. She has been working in the Office of Sustainability as an Energy Intern for the past three years and has worked on analyzing the Morris campus energy grid, assessing the feasibility of a district heating system in the community, and working with Facilities Management to reduce the campus carbon footprint. Post-graduation, Syd hopes to continue working on sustainability efforts in MN and has recently been hired as a Morris Transit Driver. Sydney’s on campus activities have included being a Community Adviser, a PAL, part of the Orientation Task Force, Meme Queen of the Meme Team, a member of Croquet Club, and the most active member of the University of MN Morris Facebook Forum.

Brandon King, First Year Council Executive Representative

Major: Human Services and Elementary Education, with a minor in Psychology

About: Hi! This is my first time on MCSA and a freshmen at Morris. I’m excited to be the freshmen executive representative and help MCSA to improve the life of campus for students, staff and the community around. MCSA plays an important part in connecting student here to the decision process which shapes the campus community as a whole. I am also a part of multiple clubs on campus. I also work at the TMC, smoothie bar, and at Zone at the elementary school. I enjoy being a part of not only the school but also the community as well. And looking forward to the rest of this year and being a part of everything in the future as well.

Julia Scovil, First Year Council and Executive At-Large Representative

Major: Political Science, Environmental Studies, and Native American and Indigenous Studies

About: Hi, everyone! I’m Julia, a freshman here at Morris, if you couldn’t tell by the triple major. I attended Apple Valley High School my first two years of high school and competed on their debate team for my first three years of high school, nearly qualifying for Nationals as a sophomore, then was elected to be captain my junior year. I competed in speech all four years and attended the National Tournament in Domestic Extemporaneous Speaking my senior year. For my junior and senior year of high school, I went to the School of Environmental Studies, or the Zoo School, in Apple Valley. Speech and debate are what got me involved in politics, ignited my love for research, and lead to me working on campaigns over the summer. Road trips and camping trips draw me like a magnet; even if I’ve been saving for something, once a trip presents itself I can’t say no. If I don’t have time for a full road trip, I’m always down for a hike, bike, or ski, but if I’m feeling lazy I’m probably re-watching The West Wing or any Sandra Bullock movie. I usually have my headphones in while I’m walking around campus, but feel free to stop me and say hi! Unpopular opinion: Winter is the best season.

Mitchell Moris, First Year Council

Major: Environmental Studies and Political Science

About: Hey, everyone, my name is Mitchell Morris. I am from Saint Paul, and I love birds. Previously, I was the president of FFA chapter back home, where I learned how to be a young leader and an agricultural advocate. Once retiring as an FFA officer, I was elected to be the National Honor Society class president. While serving as the NHS president, I was re-elected as chair of YMCA Youth in Government AFSA Steering Committee. I hope to bring the things I’ve learned from my experiences with The National FFA Organization, National Honor Society, and Youth in Government/Model United Nations to the UMN Morris community.  My goal for MCSA is to work on the great foundation we have now while representing the first year class. If you ever catch me around campus, feel free to say hi.

John Barber, First Year Council

Major: Economics and Pre-Law

About: Hi, everyone. My name is John Barber. I am a freshman here at UMN Morris. This is my first year in MCSA and I serve as a member of the 2022 Freshman Council and on the Board of Resource and Operations.  I was born and raised in Bogalusa, Louisiana and moved to Elbow Lake, Minnesota in 2015. At West Central, I was captain of the Speech, Mock Trial, FFA, Track and Field, and Knowledge Bowl Teams. I also serve on West Central Area FFA Alumni Board. I graduated from West Central Area High School in 2018. My roommate is Mitchell Moris. If you spot me with my headphones in rushing to class feel free to stop me and talk :)