New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation is held for four days prior to Fall Semester classes. It’s four days of activity, information, and fun for new students that will help them to prepare for "life at UMN Morris" when Fall Semester classes begin.
Throughout Orientation, Incoming Students Will...
- Meet new people (both new and returning students, staff, and faculty).
- Make connections with an Orientation group of new students & an upper-class student leader.
- Discover exciting components of academic life at UMN Morris including Study Abroad and the First Year Seminar program.
- Take care of details like buying books, touring campus offices and finding their classrooms.
- Learn more about campus life—the opportunities, atmosphere, and cultural perspectives that make UMM a unique place to be.
- Find their niche in UMN Morris’s student organizations and co-curricular activities.
- Acquaint themselves with the campus and the Morris community.
Saturday, August 24, is the first day of Student Orientation.
Move-in and check-in for all new students is from 8:30 a.m.–1 p.m.
If you will be living on campus, please go to your assigned residence hall building for check-in. There will be a crew of upper class students at each hall to help you unload and move your belongings. Please make sure that everything is labeled with your name, hall, and room number.
If you are not living in the halls, please stop by the Student Center Information Desk to pick up your materials by 1:30 p.m. before attending the welcome ceremony.
If you have not yet registered for classes, please contact the Office of Academic Success at (320) 589-6010 to make arrangements.
For more information on new student orientation, please contact the Morris Office of Student Activities at 320-589-6080.