New Student Welcome Week
Whether in person or online, we are prepared and excited to welcome our incoming students.
New Student Welcome Week is held prior to Fall Semester classes. It’s four days of activity, information, and fun for new students that will help them to prepare for "life at UMN Morris" when Fall Semester classes begin.
Throughout Welcome Week, Incoming Students Will...
- Make connections with a Welcome Week group of new students and an experienced student leader.
- Move into the residence halls, meet their neighbors, and get to know their Community Advisers.
- Meet new people; connect with incoming and returning students, faculty, and staff.
- Get started with college academic life: meeting with your academic adviser, connecting with your
- success coach, learning about academic resources, and more.
- Learn about campus life: the opportunities, atmosphere, and cultural perspectives that make
- UMN Morris a unique place to be.
- Sign up for student organizations and get involved.
- Explore the campus and Morris community.
- Take care of logistics like buying books, connecting with campus resources, auditioning for music performance groups, bike registration, and finding classrooms before classes start.
Move-in and check-in for all new students is from 8:30 a.m.–1 p.m.
If you will be living on campus, please go to your assigned residence hall building for check-in. There will be a crew of upper class students at each hall to help you unload and move your belongings. Please make sure that everything is labeled with your name, hall, and room number.
If you are not living in the halls, please stop by the Student Center Information Desk to pick up your materials by 1:30 p.m. before attending the welcome ceremony.
If you have not yet registered for classes, please contact the Student Success Center at (320) 589-6178 to make arrangements.
For more information on new student Welcome Week, please contact the Morris Office of Student Activities at 320-589-6080.