New Student Welcome Week
New Student Welcome Week is held prior to fall semester. It is four days of activity, information, and fun for new students that will help them to prepare for "life at UMN Morris" when classes begin.
Throughout Welcome Week, Incoming Students Will...
- Make connections with a Welcome Week group of new students and an experienced student leader.
- Move into the residence halls, meet their neighbors, and get to know their Community Advisers.
- Meet new people; connect with incoming and returning students, faculty, and staff.
- Get started with college academic life: meeting with your academic adviser, connecting with your success coach, learning about academic resources, and more.
- Learn about campus life: the opportunities, atmosphere, and cultural perspectives that make UMN Morris a unique place to be.
- Sign up for student organizations and get involved.
- Explore the campus and Morris community.
- Take care of logistics like buying books, connecting with campus resources, auditioning for music performance groups, bike registration, and finding classrooms before classes start.
Students living on campus will schedule their move in time with the office of Residential Life on Friday, August 20 or Saturday, August 21. Please sign up for your move in time.
Welcome Week will begin on Saturday August 21 at 5 p.m. with a welcome picnic at Tug Lake outside the Dining Hall followed by a kickoff event on the Campus Mall.
If you have not yet registered for classes, please contact the Student Success Center at (320) 589-6178 to make arrangements.
For more information on new student Welcome Week, please contact the Morris Office of Student Activities at 320-589-6080.