People here are scholars and friends. At Morris, your mind will be stretched and learning will renew and sustain you over a lifetime.
As an intentionally small, residential liberal arts university, Morris:
- offers a personalized and individualized education;
- unites an eclectic mix of faculty, staff, and students generating a one-of-a-kind synergy inspiring open-mindedness, involvement, discovery, creativity, and determination;
- nurtures enthusiastic students seeking challenges in the classroom and engagement in the community;
- supports dedicated faculty who teach, advise, mentor, and challenge students.
- maintains academic resources that nurture and support successful college experiences;
- creates opportunities in and out of the classroom for critical thinking, creativity,leadership, teamwork, and community involvement;
- celebrates diversity in its many forms;
- prepares graduates for lifelong learning, for careers, for advanced degrees, for flexibility in the career world of the future, and for citizenship in a global community.
As a public university, Morris:
- commits to making the liberal arts experience accessible and attainable;
- subscribes to the value of public education for all citizens;
- shares scholarship, research, and artistic endeavors with and beyond the campus community; and
- promises accountability to the people it serves.