UMM Catalyst: Funding Extraordinary Opportunities
Now Accepting Applications for Spring, Summer, and Fall 2023 opportunities.
Application and Review Deadlines:
- Wednesday, March 1, 2023 for first consideration
- Monday, April 10, 2023
- Thursday, June 1, 2023
Extraordinary opportunities create life-changing experiences.
UMN Morris Catalyst enhances UMN Morris undergraduate students’ co-curricular experiences by supporting life-changing travel, creative projects, and other adventures. Funds support individual rather than group experiences.
Funded UMN Morris Catalyst experiences include:
- a theatre student presenting their award winning original play at the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival in Washington DC
- a photography internship on an Icelandic research expedition
- attendance at a national political convention
- professional art exhibitions and recordings of original works
- an exceptional Cougar football athlete participating in the All-American Bowl
- a student leader traveling to the national student government meeting
Catalyst funds are provided thanks to the generous gifts of UMN Morris faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends.
Here’s the application form.
Here’s how the fund works:
- Funds may be requested by individual students to cover expenses for costs associated with the pursuit of life-changing undergraduate co-curricular opportunities. Requests should be for extraordinary opportunities.
- Students may receive funding for one Catalyst experience during their academic career at UMN Morris. All degree-seeking UMN Morris students enrolled for six credits or more and in good academic and community standing are eligible to participate.
- Funding requests will be reviewed by the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs. Funds distributed and the number of recipients is determined at the discretion of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs.
If you receive Catalyst funding you will:
- Work with the Senior Director of Student Activities to coordinate travel plans and funding reimbursements.
- Have a great experience.
- Submit a one-page summary report on the experience and two to four photos to receive the final funding allocation. Photos and quotes may be used on campus websites and in other materials.
- While participating in the experience, students will adhere to UMN Morris policies and procedures, which include the UMN Student Conduct Code and Student Activities travel policy. A copy of the conduct code is available on the Safety and Emergencies website.
- Travel funding includes the expectation that the travel is connected to the University of Minnesota Morris. As such students are expected to conduct themselves respectfully and responsibly in demeanor, dialogue, and behavior aligned with student expectations and the conduct code.
- It is expected that funds will be used to support activities consistent with the stated purpose of the application.
- Violation of these or other related policies may result in a revoking of Catalyst funding and Student Behavior Committee action as outlined in the Student Conduct Code.
Please complete the attached application form and return the form by email to the Office for Student Affairs email@example.com. Please email or call the Office of Student Affairs at 320-589-6013 for more information.
Still in search of funding? Here are some other student travel and research grants and resources to consider: