Hiring a Student
Post a Job
- Complete and submit the Student Employment Job Posting form to the One Stop when you want to request that a position be posted online.
- Once you have interviewed and successfully hired a student, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know that the position can be closed.
- It is best practice to contact all applicants to let them know the status of the position.
Student Employment Contract
- Choose the applicable contract for the term you are hiring, complete it, and submit it to the One Stop for processing. Students may not begin working until their contract has been completed and approved by Financial Aid.
- Once Financial Aid has processed and approved the contract, you will receive an email with the completed copy attached. If there are additional steps that need to be taken, the hiring unit coordinator or the student will be notified.
Pay Rate Table
- This pay rate table includes the semester breakdown of hours students are eligible to work per week and the amount of funding required for students to work those hours.
- The dates that students are able to work throughout the academic year and summer are included on these tables.
The performance appraisal formalizes the feedback process and documents the student employee's performance and goals by giving students and supervisors an opportunity to identify areas of positive performance and discuss areas that might need to be improved.
Performance appraisals should be completed at least once during a student’s contracted period. These appraisals should be kept on file for each student within the department.