As a first year student at UMM, you’ll get to work with a success coach in addition to your academic adviser. Success coaches work in offices across campus and help students with:
- Navigating campus resources and services
- Identifying your individual strengths and how to use those strengths in an academic setting
- Creating connections with faculty, staff, campus offices, and other students
- Finding interesting student activities, programs, and campus events
- Talking through academic or other concerns
- Exploring campus employment options
- And more!
Students work with coaches in three campus areas:
- Native American Student Success
- Summit Scholars (TRIO Student Support Services)
- Office of Academic Success (with support from Equity, Diversity, & Intercultural Programs)
No matter who you meet with, you’ll receive similar information, but your coach will tailor your experience to meet your needs!
Students will meet their coach for the first time during orientation. Following the first meeting, students and their coach will work together to identify important times in the semester to meet where extra support is helpful.
Following the first year, students and their coach will create a plan that best supports their academic goals. Examples include transitioning services to the academic adviser and continued support through Summit Scholars, Native American Student Success, and the Office of Academic Success.
For questions about success coaching program, please contact: